If you are looking for a way to access your wireless network from every corner of your house, then trust me, performing Netgear extender setup is the right option for you. Wondering how to do that? Well, simply walk through the different setup methods discussed in this article and learn how to install a WiFi range extender.
You will be learning how to set up a Netgear extender by using the following methods:
- By pressing the WPS button
- By accessing mywifiext net and mywifiext local
- By using the Nighthawk app
How to Perform Netgear Extender Setup by Using the WPS Button?
The WPS method is the easiest and most convenient setup method that users prefer using. Perhaps, you should try setting up an extender by using the WPS method too:
- Place your Netgear extender and home router in close proximity.
- Connect the extender to the power adapter with a cable.
- Plug the power adapter into the wall socket and turn on your WiFi device.
- Look for the WPS button on the extender.
- Once found, press it, and wait for the LED light to become stable.
- Then, change the location of your WiFi extender.
- To complete the setup process by using the WPS method, connect your mobile device or laptop to the wireless network.
How to Perform Netgear Extender Setup by Accessing Mywifiext?
This setup method is a pretty lengthy one. But, worry not! If you carefully follow the below-given instructions, you’ll surely be able to make use of it like a pro:
- Power on your Netgear router and connect it to the extender.
- Connect both your WiFi devices with an Ethernet cable.
- You can also connect your router and extender wirelessly. The choice is completely yours.
- Switch on your PC and connect it to the wireless network.
- Open a web browser on your PC and type mywifiext.net in its address bar.
- After clicking on the Enter button, you’ll be prompted to fill in the default admin details.
- Type the default mywifiext.net login details in the given boxes and hit Log In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish performing Netgear extender setup.
You can also make use of the default IP address to set up and install the WiFi range extender.
How to Perform Netgear Extender Setup by Using Nighthawk App?
The aforementioned setup methods talked about how to set up an extender through your PC, but what if you want to do the same through your mobile? Well, that’s where the Netgear Nighthawk app comes into the picture.
The Netgear Nighthawk application is operational both on Android and iOS devices. Follow the below-mentioned steps to perform Netgear extender setup by using the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device and enable the mobile data.
- Open Google Play Store/App Store and search for the Nighthawk app.
- Once found, tap on the Download button, and wait for the app to get installed.
- After the installation process gets finished, open the app, and create an account.
- Type your full name, email ID, and password. Then, hit Enter.
- Fill in the default mywifiext login credentials and tap on the Log In button.
Follow the on-screen steps will help you in setting up the extender successfully.
Thus, this was all about how to set up and install a Netgear WiFi range extender in your home. Now, you are free to access your wireless network from every corner of your home. In case you face issues while trying to do so, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our technical experts.