What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that happens when the pancreas is not at the stage of producing insulin and the body can’t properly utilize the insulin it produces. Insulin is a hormone that is built by the pancreas. It plays an important role to extract the glucose from the food we eat and pass it from the circulation system into the cells in the body to produce energy. Also, insulin assists glucose with getting into the cells.
Treatment of Diabetes
Diabetes can be treated if you properly follow your medication. Diabetes treatment is made with various kinds of medications. Some of these medicines are eaten by mouth, while others are injected into the body. There are different types of diabetes and there are different treatments for each type of diabetes.
Types of diabetes
There are three main types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes: it is an immune system infection. In this type, the immune system destroys cells where the pancreas produces very little or almost no insulin. This condition is mostly found in children and young people so it is also known as juvenile diabetes
How to treat Type 1 diabetes?
Insulin is the primary treatment for this type of diabetes. It replaces those hormones which cannot be produced by your body. In this type, you need to take 4 kinds of insulins and they are recognized by how rapidly they begin to function and how long they are effective.
- Type 2 diabetes: It’s a kind of long-lasting disease that cannot be treated in a short time. It keeps your body from utilizing insulin in the manner it needs to be.
How to treat Type 2 diabetes?
In this type, your diet and exercise are what that all matters. But if exercise and diet are not enough to control your blood sugar level then medication is required. If you are overweighted then it is mostly advised to reduce your weight because it plays a vital role to control your diabetes. Also, take good and healthy food. Diet needs to be controlled by eating fewer calories, avoid or take a very less amount of sweet items, adding veggies and fruits will also be very beneficial for health. For better diabetes treatment, it will be good if you keep an eye on your blood sugar level every while.
- Gestational diabetes: This type of diabetes is commonly found in pregnant women. It increases the chances of high sugar levels which can affect your pregnancy and the wellbeing of the baby.
How to treat Gestation diabetes?
Keep checking on the sugar level is the key to control gestation diabetes. You need to check your blood sugar level from time to time in a day to avoid any risks of high sugar levels which can be very dangerous for pregnancy and a child’s health.
Some Surprrising Facts About Diabetes You Must Know
- Diabetes is not cause to people by eating excessive sugar.
- In the USA diabetes is the 7th leading base of death.
- Over 34 million people in United States are suffering from diabetes and interestingly 1 out of 5 doesn’t know they have it.
- Type-2 diabetes is the leading diagnosed type that is about 90% to 95% out of all diagnosed types.
- The medical cost incurred on diabetes patient is twice than people who don’t have diabetes.
How to find the best doctor for diabetes treatment?
It important to make sure we choose the qualified and experienced diabetes endocrinology doctor from the authentic & well-reputed online source. The very first thing you need to encounter while choosing your endocrinologist is that your doctor should be specialized in diabetes because all endocrinologists are not diabetes experts.
Secondly, read out the reviews given by the other patients as it can help you to choose your best diabetes endocrinologist. Also while consulting, observe his/her communication skills and how he/she deals with you and answers your every query. Last but not the least, do check out whether your doctor is making you comfortable or not. Because if you are not in your comfort zone, you will never be able to discuss your all problems easily.